You’ve probably felt guilty before for “taking a break” from the kids or for prioritizing yourself for a couple of hours, however, you shouldn’t feel that way! As a mom, all you want is to raise your kids, ensuring they are healthy and happy. By wanting that, you will definitely feel stressed and overwhelmed, and you can forget about yourself by always putting others, especially your kids first. But, before you care for them, you need to care for yourself. When you continue forgetting about your own, your well-being will suffer and you won’t feel your happiest self.
Self-care is one of the most important things to mothers because it allows them to take some time out and maintain a healthy relationship with themselves. With the busy routine that moms have, it is hard to distribute the same love and care you give to others to no one else but you. Having some “me” time can boost your confidence and self-esteem, and improve your mood around the ones you love the most.
Below, we will give some self-care tips for moms:
- Treat yourself: You know how your kids always expect rewards like going out for ice cream or asking if they could stay up late to watch a movie? From time to time, you also deserve a little something extra, don’t you think? You can buy a present for yourself, go out to a fun event that you enjoy or even eat your favourite dessert. You deserve to be rewarded too!
- Choose fun things to do, in advance: Most of us are always thinking of fun things to do in our free time, but when the time comes, we get overwhelmed with the options and end up doing nothing. To keep things organized and realistic, you can plan in advance some activities you want to do when you have free time, so when the time comes, you can make it happen!
- Take 1 hour of your day for yourself, and yourself only: You can spend this time doing whatever you want, as long as it makes you happy. For example, you can take this time to work out, go for a walk, take a yoga class, focus on your skincare routine, watch your favourite show/movie or initiate a hobby.
- Spend time with family and friends: Maintaining your social connections is essential for your well-being! Take some time to visit your family or go out with friends! If you feel like you don’t have the time to meet them in person, you can always phone or video call your loved ones!
- Spend money on yourself: With kids, tending to spend most of the money on them is quite normal, but you should also save some portion for yourself. Buy yourself that pair of shoes, or that dress you have been dreaming about! Or just go get your nails done if that makes you happy! You should treat yourself sometimes to be in a better mood, and that’s totally fine!
We hope that you can follow some of those tips and take better care of yourself because you deserve to be happy!