It's the holiday season and nothing better than finding good Christmas-inspired recipes for the whole family. It can be quite stressful to think about foods your baby can eat during the holiday season, but, don’t worry, we got you covered! These mini baby-friendly quiches are perfect for baby led weaning, making a good finger food to practice eating solids by themselves. You can serve them in the Yooforea Divided Suction Plates or in the Bowls - all made out of platinum cured silicone, the safest option for babies and toddlers. This recipe is also perfect to serve to the whole family.
Mini Baby-Friendly Quiches Recipe:
- 300g (2 Cups) Plain Flour
- 120g Butter
- 3-4 Tablespoons Water
- Drizzle rapeseed oil
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 large handful spinach leaves finely chopped
- 24 cherry tomatoes quartered
- Handful fresh basil leaves freshly chopped
- 4 free-range Eggs
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- In a bowl sieve your flour, then add the butter and using your fingers rub into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add your water (1 tablespoon at a time) and using your hands mix into the flour and butter until it resembles a dough that sticks together.
- Roll on a floured surface until thin and then use a small circular cookie cutter to shape out 24 minicircles, place into a mini muffin tin, then leave in the fridge until you are ready to fill.
- Meanwhile, heat the rapeseed oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onions until they are translucent. Add the garlic and spinach and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the spinach has wilted. Add the chopped up cherry tomatoes and basil leaves and stir well.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge then add a heaped teaspoon into each case.
- In a separate jug, whisk the eggs until light and fluffy. Fill each little quiche up with the egg, then sprinkle over a little cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until the egg is set.
- Cool fully before serving.